Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday night

Ahhhhh......Tuesday. Best day of the week. It's my day off, of course, so it's always great! We thought we were going to be able to meet the new baby today, but it didn't work out that way. Hoping for a chance tomorrow. I am so excited!
David and I went to the fair and saw George Thorogood - surprised at how young he still looks. I'm guessing to 20 year old he looks like the crypt keeper, but to me he looked great. I don't know what it is about the fair, but I love it. A great people watching event, and a chance to see people I never see anywhere else.
David is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he is, at 46, a father for the first time. I can only say that I believe that fatherhood will change him in ways he can only imagine right now. For so many years he has been single, on his own, with nothing and no one to answer to, and no responsibilities other than his own care. I'm glad he will finally learn that there really is more to life.
Congratulations, my big brother.

No comments: