Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday

Monday is the worst day of the week. It always starts out promisingly enough, but somehow between breakfast and dinner the whole world goes to sh&t. On the bright side, I have Tuesday off, as I do most weeks, and my vacation starts on Friday. I have been practicing like a crazy person and I still sound like crap on the flute, and let's not even discuss the piccolo! But I will continue to toil away for the next two weeks, perhaps one of these days it will all fall into place.
In the blink of an eye, my children are growing up, much more quickly than I anticipated. Two weeks ago Rowan let me know he did not believe in Santa Claus anymore but has promised not to spoil the fun for Devon. I suppose that means I will no longer have to leave dollars under the pillow in exchange for teeth. What a milestone. I have also discovered that Rowan has hair under his arms - eek, where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that I was giving him his first bath, wondering what his first word would be (it was BeBop, by the way, hence the name his Grandpa has come to be called ever since.)
Tomorrow will be another hot one, with plenty to do. I hope to take the kids to the waterpark, and after Devon's soccer game we will head to the fair for beer and cheese curds. (Root beer, in their case!)

No comments: