Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Night Fever

Thanks to an infection in my jaw, I've been moping around all week with a low grade fever, just enough to make me mental. For me, when I'm on any kind of pain killers or in the middle of a lupus flareup, it's like I'm in another world. I've been dreaming crazy dreams and thinking a great deal about life and the big picture. The second of two 20 year reunions is coming in October, and since I'm on the planning committe, I have been receiving all the RSVP's. Seeing those names again after all these years has edged me into a vortex of memories. Twenty years ago I was in love with the boy who would become my first husband, and my best friend Amy died in a car crash. Even after all this time I think of those two often. Some of the memories have faded, but the feelings I have for both of them are still so real that at times it's shocking.
On another note, School begins in ten days, and I am not one of those parents who counts the days until the end of summer vacation. I'm so lucky to have a job that I can do from home so that I can spend so much time with my sons. I know it won't be long before they don't think I'm cool anymore.....but at this moment in our lives, we are enjoying each other's company immensely. Of course, the start of school will mean that I'll have more time to myself, which I do enjoy.....but the house will certainly be empty without them!

No comments: