Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday

At last I have met my beautiful new niece. She looks exactly like David's baby pictures. And WOW, what a set of lungs on her! :)
I have been thinking about forks in the road and how every time we come to one, the fork we choose changes our lives. When I was small, living in Milwaukee, my parents chose to move to Wausau. They chose the neighborhood we lived in, and chose to send us to public school. One different choice, and our lives would be radically changed. I could have grown up in Milwaukee, or on the west side of town, or at another school, and every single thing about my life would be different than it is today. Every accident, every problem, every victory could have changed with a simple misstep. The possibilities are mind boggling.

No comments: