Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Random Wednesday Thoughts


Today was my day off. I spent the morning at the neurologist's office going over my MRI findings. Nothing too spectacular to report, but it seems the reason I'm having all these headaches is from a rather large area of what they think is scar tissue on my right frontal lobe from an injury. Had to be when I tripped on the step and hit my head on the door a few years ago. Evidently I injured my brain then which is what is causing all the hoopla. The doctor said there isn't anything to do - we'll re-scan in a year or so to make sure the size stays the same since they are, after all, operating on the "most likely" scenario and not an absolute....and he said the best I can hope for is to get down to 1-2 headaches a month. I think with the Topamax we're almost there, and I'm glad there isn't damage in the temporal lobe where I'd be more likely to have seizures.
And no brain tumor, of course. :)
The afternoon was spent at Clay Corner with Julie and Dana painting stuff. I made a wine goblet, Julie made some coffee mugs for her parents, and Dana made a crazy coffee mug. Dana looks much happier in the photo than she was in real life - Julie and I pretty much dragged her there. All in all it was a relaxing afternoon, though
Meanwhile, as I look in the mirror and realize I'm hitting 40 this year, suddenly the lines on my face are appearing all that much more noticeable. Holy crap. Time to buy some supercharged moisturizer....and while I'm at it, I've decided my hair needs an update, too, so I'm getting it cut tomorrow night. I love it long, but it's hard to manage, so I think I'm going to get a couple of inches taken off and have a brand new style. We'll see.

No comments: