Sunday, January 20, 2008

Greiner at the Jazz Fest


Greiner at the Jazz Fest
Originally uploaded by shereenflynn

Over the weekend, the kids went on a Boy Scout camping trip despite subzero temperatures (no worries, heated cabins!) so we were left to fend for ourselves. John and I both worked but we managed to get out Friday to dinner with friends and Saturday night to attend the jazz festival at Wausau East High School, a collaborative effort with the Wausau Conservatory. My good friend (and Devon's sax teacher) John Greiner was one of the main contributors to the all day clinic which culminated in a concert featuring not only all eight area high school jazz bands, but also Greiner's SwingShift Big Band. The music was terrific and it was wonderful to see so many talented kids working so hard toward obtaining that great jazz sound. It also gave me an opportunity to really test out the features on my camera, as I sat way back in the nosebleeds in a darkened auditorium taking pictures with only the stage light. I was very, very pleased with the results. Using the digital zoom there was definitely noise to deal with but for the most part the images are crisp and clear. I couldn't be happier. Click on the photo to view more shots from the festival on Flickr.

No comments: