Sunday, January 20, 2008

Night Sky Lecture at UWMC


On Wednesday night, Devon and I attended the Astronomy lecture at UWMC that was open to the public. Two presenters were there with two different aspects of the presentation. The first half was dedicated to astral photography, where we were treated to images taken by amateurs in the area of galaxies, nebulae, and more. It was amazing, and surprisingly simple to do. The second half used the planetarium and was all about the January night sky, and how to find the constellations easily this time of year. We learned a lot and it was fascinating. I didn't bring Rowan along because he isn't as into it as Devon is, but now I wish I had because I think he would have liked it, too. Devon amazed me with how much he already knew about galaxies in particular, thanks to his Celestia program on his computer. He left there chattering away about what he now wants for his birthday - a better telescope to attach to his camera so he, too, can be an astral photographer. I can't wait for the next lecture in the series.

No comments: