Friday, August 10, 2007

The Workouts Continue

Although my new shoes gave me blisters, I strapped my heels with duct tape as a protective layer (thanks, Beth!) and made my way back to the gym. The bottom line - the shoes still suck. My right foot was screaming in pain after just ten minutes on the treadmill. However, they're just fine on the recumbent bike, which curiously burns more calories (and I can read while doing it) - so until I find the perfect shoe I will only use the treadmill to warm up. I love the machines at the fitness center. Precor cardio machines. Nice. I want to try the elliptical machines but will only do so when there is no one in the building because I know I will look like a total retard when I do it for the first time.
Today I worked upper and lower body on the other machines and kept my heart rate going at a good fatburning rate the entire workout. I felt proud and exhilarated afterward and had energy to get through the day. Stopped at Back to Eden on the way home for their organic by-the-pound salad bar, too. I worked out longer and harder today than the past several and I will undoubtedly be sore in the morning, but I don't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see an update each week about your work out!