Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oooh, does my head hurt.....







GREAT party last night. We had a terrific time. The Greiners were here, the Bucknellls and the Glasels were all here. Angela and John Chmiel stopped by on their way to church around 4 and stayed until 10:30 so I think they must have had fun, too. All the kids got along well and played well together - totaly stress free. I haven't laughed that hard in months. Great food and friendship all around. Unfortunately the wine took it's toll and I am hung WAY over today because I was having so much fun I didn't eat dinner. Idiot!
Julie had the most fun of all (and is hurting worst this morning)....after falling in the dog's dish (how??!?) and getting her pants wet she somehow thought it was a good idea just to take 'em off and spent the rest of the night pants-free by the fire. (yes, she was wearing underwear!) I think jumping on the trampoline with the kids might have been a little much for her, though, and she ended up decorating my front walk with a nice red-wine regurgitation stain. Poor girl. The only real mishap of the night was Devon getting hurt on the trampoline with an inch long (and very deep) gash in his head. I should have taken him for a stitch or two but when it stopped bleeding we all decided it would be all right. I know when Isabelle had to have a few stitches Angela had wished she hadn't done it - it almost seems like one of those "treatment worse than the ailment" things. I am questioning the wisdom of that decision this morning, though, but now it's too late for a stitch and I'll just have to keep doctoring it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Julie next time you see her that I like the pink undies. Also, tell her to get a computer already!