Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Things I Love About Summer

I always say, if you can't find something to do in Wausau, you just aren't looking.
Summertime in Wausau, despite it's small size, is a blast. There is always something to do that is either low cost or free. Tonight I went with my brother to one of the Concerts in the Garden series shows in the sculpture garden of the Leigh Yawkee Woodson Art Museum. It was a terrific variety show in a beautiful setting. The sculptures are beautiful, the trees are lovely, and the breeze there at the top of the hill provides a wonderful respite from the heat.
Seven months after my father's passing, it still amazes me how many people approach me and ask where my father is - they're all so used to seeing us together. It always hurts to have to say that he's gone.....but in the same way I find it a comfort that his presence is missed.

No comments: