Monday, August 06, 2007

ANYTIME FITNESS

This morning, I opened my email and read this:

S:
I think we need to join a gym.
Up for it?
- Rotund Ruthie

It was from Dana.....and it was enough to get me really thinking about it. And after my last, rather disastrous Lupus checkup I have been researching the best ways to control my disease.....and the number one suggestion I'm reading is "stay active".
Working 60 to 70 hours a week along with my other commitments doesn't leave a whole bunch of time for fitness. True, I swim every day, but in a month it'll be time to close the pool down for the season and then - what?
This morning I went on a fact finding mission and checked out several new gyms that have opened up in the area in the past year or so. I immediately discounted the YMCA - too many people, too many kids, not enough privacy.....and the one I'm leaning toward is Anytime Fitness, about a mile or so from my home with a second location opening near Dana's house next month. (One membership gets you in anywhere Anytime Fitness has a location in the entire US.) I was so impressed with the overall cleanliness of the place, the friendliness of the staff, and the fact that they're open 24 hours a day, though not always manned. Security doesn't seem to be an issue with video cameras and panic buttons everywhere if no one is around. And the thought of working out when no one is around to bug me is very appealing.
I signed up for a 2 week free membership and plan to start on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Grphter said...

Holy Cow! It's another MB 24/7 Blogger! It is a small world...