Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

The summer has been such a good one that the cold rainy spell we're in has come as a shock. The rain has been steadily falling since early Saturday with temperatures hovering in the 50's. I actually had the fireplace on to take the chill out of the air for a bit. It's crazy. 90 one day, 55 the next.
The dark weather is adding to my melancholy. Krista has finally decided to come home so we can bury my father's ashes. We'll be putting him to rest on Friday. I'm absolutely dreading it. I wish Wendy could be here, wish our cousins could be here....but it's all so impromptu and needs to be done. Alice needs the closure, and so do the kids. In a way it will be a comfort to have a place to go to visit him, to place flowers, and to sit and talk to him. Alice is ordering a bench - and I think that will be just the right thing. Dad was always concerned with making sure he'd be in a place where people would come and visit. It's the reason he gave up his plot in Milwaukee by his parents and sister.....so he could be close to us. Rowan is convinced my dad is still here....perhaps after Friday he'll finally be able to rest in peace.

No comments: