Thursday, August 09, 2007

Addiction

There are things I am addicted to.
Coffee, for one.
Red wine. Reading. Music. Dark, rich chocolate.
Pizza.
So if I can become addicted to these things......it stands to reason I could become addicted to working out. One would think, wouldn't one? Hmph. We'll see.
Yesterday I began my workout routine at Anytime Fitness, taking advantage of the free few weeks I have been given, determined to make it worthwhile to join. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, then worked out on the machines, then 10 on the bike both days. To exercise fanatics I'm sure that seems pretty pathetic, but it was a lot for me, and it felt good.
My only complaint is that my new shoes are giving me big blisters on my heels. Crap! So, back to the drawing board on the shoe thing. I have some slip on sketchers that I think I'll wear tomorrow while I figure out what to do about the shoe situation.
Both days were great workout days. I picked a good time to go - no one was around (except for one fiftyish professional type yesterday) - and I loved the peace and quiet. Just me and my ipod, doing my thing.
So far, so good. I'll be posting daily updates.

No comments: