Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thoughts on a Bleary Wednesday

Wednesday is the best day of the week, since it's my day off, but I can't seem to get any "get up and go". I blame the weather. Eight degrees and cloudy. Spring seems like it's months away - oh, that's right, IT IS. Ahhhhh - winter in the northwoods. I'll snap out of it. (Pass the Prozac, please.)
Meanwhile, the kids are doing marvelously in Scouting. Rowan received his 2nd Class Sunday and will go in front of the review board for his 1st Class next week. That means he could be tapped out for Order of the Arrow this summer at camp - I wonder if it will happen for him. I have thought back to the nervous wreck he was last year at camp (which was baffling to me, since he'd gone to camps every summer since Kindergarten) and marvel at how much he's matured and grown in a year's time. It's amazing what a year can do. He'll be on track to be an Eagle Scout early if he keeps it up, and I think he will. Devon is so happy to finally be a BOY SCOUT instead of a cub, and this year he can't wait to go to camp with his brother. They are so lucky to have each other.
I haven't told anyone yet, but yesterday I received my formal acceptance letter into the adult distance degree program at DePaul. I have been keeping it a secret. They've got an interesting program that would fit my schedule - I am starting to believe my goals might someday be a reality - but we'll see. The immediate problem, of course, is figuring out how to pay for it all.

No comments: