Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday Grumbles and Cheer

Today I created a radio ad for a client who will remain unnamed - and it's hands down the worst commercial I have ever had a part in. Ever! I know the client is always right - but in this case, they don't know just how wrong they are. All I know is, when I hear it on the radio, I'll be turning the dial. Cripes.
I had my monthly lunch today with three friends from high school, and as always, it was a great time. I would have liked to stay at the cafe all day. Although we usually only see each other the one time per month, perhaps two if we're all at bunco - lunch is always full of laughter and comraderie. We are able to share our secrets with each other without fear of retribution, and we all celebrate our successes - and mourn our losses. Upon arriving home, we each had emails in our inbox from another friend telling us about the death of a classmate's mother. Throughout the afternoon, more information was shared, and quite a group will be making the drive to attend her funeral on Friday. It always amazes me how close that group truly is, even after 20 years, and how much they all look out for one another. I know if I needed any one of them, all I would have to do is say the word and they'd circle the wagons. It's a good feeling.

No comments: