Friday, September 22, 2006

TGIF

Loooooooong week. Devon hurt his hand at football practice. Thankfully it's not broken, just badly sprained - but he's in a lot of pain. Today I walked him into school, told the substitute teacher the story and that the ER doc said "no Phy Ed" for today since we were not yet sure it wasn't broken, and thought all was well. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Upon picking him up from school I was told that he was forced to participate in PE anyway......I was absolutely so mad I was spitting nails. I seriously think all phy ed teachers have to pass a sadism class in order to get their teaching certificate. And yes, I fired off a very angry email to the principal and teacher upon arriving back home.
Rowan was sick this week, too - he keeps getting these headaches all the time. I think it's time to get those checked out, too.
Rowan has been invited to participate in the People to People Ambassador program, which gives kids the opportunity to travel with a group each year to another country. The upcoming trip is to England and Ireland, and although it sounds like a fantastic opportunity I am having a hard time convincing myself that it's safe for him to fly. I went to the informational meeting last night, and while it's intriguing (and expensive - five grand!) - I just can't imagine letting him go overseas for 20 days.
All in all it's just been a very long week - and although I work all weekend it should be less hectic and hopefully I can catch up on my sleep. Posted by Picasa

No comments: