Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tattoo Photos



In celebration of turning 40 and beginning life anew, my friends Julie and Dana gave me a tattoo - and yesterday was the day. It's a lower back tattoo (TRAMP STAMP at 40 - OMG) and it's my 4th tattoo. The other ones were done years ago and I thought I was over the tattoo thing, but I found that I really wanted this - so Hoss fit me in and after 2 1/2 hours of excruciating pain I now have a beautiful musical back tattoo. I say excruciating pain because truly it was, and that's saying something.....I have NEVER had pain during a tattoo before but this location is so sensitive I almost passed out - CRIPES! But it was worth it - I love it. Check out the photos.
I chose Hoss partly for his reputation, but largely because he for years has supported the Arts Alive Hospice fundraisers that I work with.  He has been a sponsor every year, and I feel it's important to recognize those who give to the community by giving back business when I can.  He was terrific (and didn't laugh at me when I almost died on the table.....)
Meanwhile on the home front, we are all settling into our new lives.  The kids seem at peace.  The time they spend with John (which is frequent) is filled with fun and laughter.  And at home we are having a blast together.  I reconnected with someone from my past who makes me feel terrific.  And I'm so blessed to have support from family and friends who have been wonderful to all of us.  There will be bumps in the road.....but I feel positive we'll all make it through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Good for you. There isn't anything done in your 20's that can't be done at 40. You are a fab 40. And the person from you past?
Love you.