Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adjusting.....

Yesterday, my husband of 13 years moved out of the house.  This has been a long time coming and I can honestly say that I think we will be better friends once the dust has settled.  We are both looking forward to a new chapter in our lives and the challenges ahead.  Finally told the kids yesterday afternoon when they got home from the lake......after a few tears they too realized that this will be better for all of us.  And so.....a new life begins.  Sad.  Scared.  But relieved, too.
My dad always said 13 was the luckiest number - maybe it's true, and this was the best time to leave.  I know it won't be easy, but luckily John moved in with his brother about 6 blocks away, so the kids can go back and forth easily.  And despite the tears, we are both moving forward and wish each other well.  Still.....it's a huge adjustment for all of us.  I know my dad is watching me and giving me the strength I need to make it through - and I have incredible friends and family for support....I am not alone.

2 comments:

Beth Up North said...

Wow girl, that news is HUGE. Sending you all hugs and good wishes. If I was in town I'd bring over a giant plate of cookies, more hugs, and an ear if you needed it. Keep breathing deep and giving yourselves space.
Peace friends,
Beth

Anonymous said...

wow...you weren't kidding. Of course, after getting your email, I had to check things out. I'm not sure of the PC thing to say, but I know in converstations past, can I say this is a bad thing? Ack.. that wasn't PC. Love and kisses to the three of you.
Love you peaches!