Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics


The Summer Olympics has me mesmerized - I love the games as I always have.  Is Michael Phelps not the Bionic Man?  Holy crap.  Gotta love it.  And those synchronized divers?  Wow.  We saw the Chinese pair with their hair cut and styled exactly the same.....Rowan looked at me, shook his head and said - now, that's just creepy.
Still irritated that the games ended up in China....but watching those Chinese gymnasts last night I couldn't help but root for them.  Their floor exercises were works of art compared to our tumbling acts.  And, too, you've gotta wonder what it's like for them if they lose.  (They won gold - a sigh of relief, no one's gonna get shot today.)
Oh, I'm being unfair, I suppose.
Note to the volleyball players - get the undies out of your @sses, please.  (Yes, I am obsessed with the volleyball outfits. I know.  I KNOW!)
In Olympics news, (and in support of my what-it's-like-not-to-win-in-China-theory), China's men's gymnastics coach said he would throw himself off the highest building in China if his men's team didn't win gold.  
Seriously.  SERIOUSLY?
In which case Michael Phelps would have rushed to the nearest phone booth, ripped off his clothes, and flown to save the coach in the nick of time.
One would hope, anyway.  Thankfully, the Chinese won gold and we'll never have to know.

No comments: