Friday, December 28, 2007

Word A Day Calendar


When I moved home from Oklahoma in 1990, I lived with my dad for a few years. He had started getting a word-a-day calendar every year for Christmas (from Krista, I think) and it became our routine to look at the new word each morning at breakfast and try to use it in a sentence as often as possible throughout the day. Birthday words were special, as were other special dates. It was fun we kept up through the years until his death. When I lived away from him he'd always be sure to bring over the page with the word for my birthday or the kids' birthdays. In my scrapbook I have the word of the day for each of the days my kids were born, too. So it seemed entirely appropriate that we continue the tradition, and I picked up a word-a-day calendar at Barnes & Noble this week. The kids and I thought it would be good to learn a new word every day at breakfast - and it's a small way to remember my dad every morning as well.

No comments: