Wednesday, December 26, 2007

More Holiday Stuff





Last night our holiday festivities continued at John's parents house. I bought John a new Nikon compact digital camera for Christmas and he took a bunch of photos there. At the condo there's a basement room that was perfect for Devon to try out his new RipStik, which is like a skateboard on two caster wheels instead of four. It's supposed to be like snowboarding on wheels. It came with an instructional DVD that he watched before leaving for the Flynns, and he couldn't wait to try it out. He's got such great balance that it worked out well for him and he loved it! One of the other residents showed Rowan a funny ride-on toy her grandchildren use when they visit, and he had fun riding around on it. It made for some fun photos! John's camera is nice, and will fit in his pocket.
Today is my final day of four days off, so we plan to make the most of it. Unfortunately, I woke up with a fever and a raging cold, but I'm plugging myself full of comtrex and advil and I'm determined to have fun with the kids! We plan to try out the toboggan and go to the mall to spend their gift cards. One of Devon's video games didn't work, so we need to return that to Game Stop, and we all received gift cards from Barnes & Noble, too. It should be a great day of fun with the kids, and my cleaning girls are coming so I'll come home to a clean house.....order a pizza, and play a game or two in the evening. First, though, I still have to track my radio show, record two ads and write a quick column for the prep service (I know, on my day off!) - but after that it's all good.

No comments: