Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas






Christmas Day is here - the season has flown by, as it always does. Last night the kids participated in the annual pageant at their church. Last year I didn't go, as I was at home caring for my dad, but this year I went, and was glad to sit in the balcony where no one could see me cry. Christmas Eve has always been our family time, from the time I was little - the night we opened gifts and sat around the tree together. It was really hard without my dad for the first time. Everything about the season this year has been hard but I've been trying to keep up a brave front for the kids - I didn't want to ruin their holiday and didn't want them to see me cry. They had a great Christmas and did a wonderful job in the pageant at church - I was very proud. I took video that I will edit and post later tonight or tomorrow.
Devon got his PSP, and Rowan got the digital camcorder he wanted - a terrific Canon I picked up on the internet for a really good deal (better than mine!!!). They also received Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii and a beautiful toboggan from LL Bean - we can't wait to take it out for a spin! Since we had a huge snowstorm over the past two days (fourteen inches!) there's a fresh layer of snow to speed through. I'll take them to the hill either this afternoon or tomorrow.
This morning I made waffles (our holiday tradition) and now we're all in our pajamas by the tree, playing games and reading books. Later we'll go to the Flynns for gifts, dinner, and the usual sarcasm and insults.
John had to work overnight and will work again tonight, so he's spending the day sleeping.

No comments: