Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Pooparazzi

One of the many things my father always did for me was to pick up dog poop from the yard - a job that fell to the kids after his death. Every week they'd go out with their shovels, bags and rakes, spend an hour hemming and hawing, and end up with one little lousy bag of poop for their time and effort. And with three large dogs - well....you do the math! All summer long it has been a bone of contention between me and the kids. They try (sort of) but they never get it all. I've decided to give them other jobs (which, to their credit, they have done without fail) and tackle the poop issue myself.
Let's just say it's not my favorite thing.
So today I hired the Pooparazzi - a dog poop pickup service that'll come to your house once a week (or more, if you'd like), pick up the poop, and dispose of it for you. For three dogs, it only costs $16 a week - well worth it not to have to deal with it! The first time costs more, since she knows there is always a lot more to pick up. Today she filled four bags. FOUR BAGS!
Her website is www.goodbyepoop.com - I'm so excited - she'll even do it in the winter. All winter long! Money well spent - it's my birthday present to myself. Yahoo!

No comments: