Thursday, September 06, 2007

39 Today




Oooooh - just 16 more years till I can get my AARP card (right,Spike?)!!
So far this has been a pretty good week. As much as I hate to admit it,having a little quiet in the house has been nice during the day. We're getting back to a routine and so far, so good. John is struggling with his college courses but that's to be expected - he's been out of the fray for 20 years. He'll get used to it.
Rowan came home with the longest face ever yesterday - he wants to be in the 6th grade band and has been talking about wanting to take drums for years now.....but yesterday he learned he'll have to try out before they let him in. Evidently percussion is a much-desired thing and there are way more boys and girls wanting to try than space allows. I told him - with a year and a half of piano, and a year of guitar (almost, anyway) he should do just fine with the audition. He was not convinced. So while he was at his guitar lesson at the Conservatory I ran over to Jerry's to pick up a snare kit rental, some great sticks, and a book so he can practice. The kit has a snare, a mallet set, and a practice pad - and he was so happy to get it. I'm renting it for now - but if he keeps on, I'll buy it for him. At least he can go to the audition well prepared!
Devon, too, has new challenges as he began his participation in the Wausau Conservatory Choraliers - the audition only kids singing group he was accepted into. He was really nervous to start with, but made friends right away. There are about 8 boys, so he's not alone - and they were really great to him. This year they are focusing on jazz pieces - and some of the music he brought home is terrific. I can't wait to hear their first performance November 3rd at Una Notte Bella - the Conservatory's annual fundraising dinner!
Meanwhile, I've kicked up my workout a notch, adding the elliptical and some other machines. My pants fit a little differently - and I'm 13 pounds down.
Make that 12 pounds down - after I eat chocolate cake and pasta for my birthday dinner!

No comments: