Sunday, October 07, 2007

Getting There

Almost a week back on the meds and already I'm starting to feel better, but I can tell there's still a long road ahead of me. I'm still exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep, but I worked out today with energy I hadn't had in awhile.
I sat down and had a chat with the kids to explain to them what clinical depression is, because I didn't want them to think my unease and touchiness had anything to do with THEM. They got it....and they had known something was wrong. I'm glad we talked about it.
Next week it's my turn to host bunco. How I'm going to get 16 dice-throwing women into my house is beyond me. I did it before and although it was tight everyone had a good time. I have to find something good to serve.
I've been asked to step in for a symphony concert on piccolo in two weeks, something that has not been my forte - normally I play flute, and flute alone. It's a group I've never played with before and getting the music this late is nerve-wracking. I'm freaked about getting these parts together on piccolo - on flute it would have been no big deal. The music is fun, though, with a Halloween theme - Tales from the Crypt.
My friend Ed's recent decision to get his first tattoo has me reevaluating my old ones, and I think I might have something different done with the small artist's pallette on my back. It was the first tatto I'd gotten - done on vacation in Hawaii after a very bad breakup. (Aren't they all?) There's nothing wrong with it, it's just boring. With music having once again become so much a part of my life, I am looking for a pattern that will incorporate a treble clef, keyboard, and notes. Every one of the three tattoos I have has a story. I hate the one on my chest, love the one on my leg, and am ambvalent about the one on my back. I plan to stop in to see Hoss next week if I get a chance.
Maybe that'll perk me up.

No comments: