Monday, October 08, 2007

Fish Eggs

On Friday, I went for lunch with Ann and Tabby to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Chang Garden, because they have the best kick-ass sushi in town and we are all addicted. Tabby was late, so Ann and I ordered - sticking to our usual Lily roll, california roll, alaska roll......but we always want to try one new thing.....so after perusing the menu we chose a spicy roll that sounded fantastic. The menu said it was topped with Masago and of course I had no idea what it was......so I asked Ann......who says to me "Oh, it's that orange stuff they always put on top of the sushi." Sounds reasonable, I thought - so we ordered it. And when it came, it was beautiful - topped with heaps of these tiny, bright red pearly things.
Oh yes, it was fish eggs. You should have seen the looks on our faces!
Of course I can never admit I'm a chicken, so I was the first to try it - and it was DELICIOUS.......but wow, I still can't get over the fact that I ate fish eggs.
Fish eggs!

No comments: