Tuesday, April 24, 2007

RIP, Saturn SL-2


Well - it's official. Our 1996 Saturn SL-2 is finally kaput. We bought it new, and it was my car until we started in with the SUV's. Right now I drive a Honda Pilot, and the Saturn has been John's car. We've traded in the Saturn for a "new" used car - a 2002 VW Cabrio GLX convertible that will become my car now. Since I do most of the driving with the kids, I'll be happy to get 35 mpg or better zipping around in this little beauty. The Pilot seats 8, so when I have to go places with the kids AND their friends, I'll have to swap with John - but 75 percent of the time it's me and one or both kids and that's it. (Can you hear the rationalization in my head????) At any rate, it's in terrific shape - low miles - black with black leather interior and a power roof. And it'll be nice to go back to driving a 5 speed instead of an automatic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great new car. I have been getting the car bug myself. My 1999 Grand Cherokee has been paid off for about 4 years. But I just can't bring myself to pay another car payment.