Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Flute Is Here





.....and it's FABULOUS. Boris Popovich at Professional Flute Repair in North Carolina did an incredible restoration of the vintage (1950) Armstrong flute I picked up. I used it for tonight's symphony concert - as you can see in the photos from warmup. It has an incredible sound - I'm so lucky to have found it.
Music continues to be an integral part of my life - and it seems, my children's lives as well. They attend every concert without complaint, and have practiced their own instruments daily. Rowan is loving the guitar, and Devon's violin sounds so sweet.....they both attend the Wausau Conservatory of Music for their lessons, where I myself spent years learning the flute. Devon has also decided to pick up the piano and loves to make up his own songs. I'm looking for a good computer program to transcribe as he plays. You never know, perhaps he'll be the next Beethoven - and Rowan the next Eddie Van Halen.....regardless of where it takes them, I'm pleased they have an interest, as music is such a huge force in my own life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look so serious playing. Kind of funny. :)