Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Website

One of my clients has been asking me to design a website for him, and I've been playing around with a bunch of different programs. I already have my own website, www.theideadiva.net, that I designed on GoDaddy when I bought the domain. I used GoDaddy's website creator, but was less than thrilled with the results.
I did a lot of research and found a site that offers better templates and more options, and the basic membership is free (though I chose to buy a premium account so I could add sound files to promote my voice over business). It's Weebly.com - and so far I'm very happy. I just changed the DNS servers on GoDaddy to point my site to the newly created one - and within 48 hours it should be up and running. Check it out in the next few days and tell me what you think.
In the meantime, I'm beginning to panic about whether or not I can financially make it as a writer. This week, my goal is to submit my resume and writing samples to at least five outlets in hopes of becoming a regular freelance contributor. Clients come and go. October was a stellar month (though I haven't gotten paid for most of it yet) but November has been dry as a bone. I've published several articles, but it's not enough to keep food on the table.
I may have to find a real job. Lord, I hope not.

1 comment:

Debbie Simler-Goff said...

Cool blog and website Shereen!

Good luck on all your writing goals!