Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leads

In the last few days, I sent several letters of introduction to newspapers, magazines, and trade publications in hopes of finding some more steady lines of revenue. I received several thoughtful replies, including two that were interested in pitched stories along with submission guidelines. I also was referred by my friend Deb Robinson to a woman who wants to write two short books and needs a wordsmith to put it all together and get it published. I'm meeting with her in December to start putting together the first of two books on death. The first will be informational, intended to guide families faced with sudden death through the process that follows. Who to call - what to expect at the funeral home - those things that none of us knows until we're faced with it ourselves. The second book will be targeted toward helping children deal with the death of a loved one. It's a good opportunity.
In the meantime, I have three very large, very important papers due in the next two weeks that I'll be working on feverishly.
Oh.....that.....and hoping Congress passes an Unemployment Benefits extension. Otherwise, I do believe I'm going to go to bed and not wake up until next year.

No comments: