Friday, November 16, 2007

Tomorrow's Concert

Tomorrow's symphony concert should be a good one with a tribute to the veterans. Plenty of fun marches and a tearjerker with a color guard. Tonight's rehearsal went fairly well, but I am still sick and am having trouble hearing. This time we have 3 piccolos on some of the marches so hearing one another is imperative. What's the saying - how do you get 2 piccolo players to play the same pitch? You shoot one of 'em.
I'm feeling a lot more comfortable playing with the group. Of course there are a few clunkers, but for the most part everyone is nice. Tomorrow night there is a gathering after the concert at the City Grille, and I'm looking forward to a little social time with everyone. Always does wonders for teambuilding.
Rowan's band director plays trumpet in the group, and he caught me on the way in tonight to let me know how well Rowan is doing. Initiall there had been some concern that he was unable to get his mouth to form the right positions, but all of a sudden it just clicked, and he's doing so much better. Jeff, the teacher, seemed truly pleased for him and I'm thankful for a teacher who is going the extra mile. Rowan was all smiles when I told him!

No comments: