Wednesday, November 28, 2007

O Christmas Tree







Yesterday, the kids and I went to get our first real Christmas tree. I have always had a fake one, because I have always been worried about the dogs chewing on the branches. (They chew on the ones outside, so it stands to reason!) At this year's Una Notte Bella, I bid on and won a freshly cut tree from one of the school's faculty. Mr. Huntsburger lives near Green Bay, and on Tuesday morning he cut the size tree I asked for and brought it to the school. My stepfather helped us hoist it onto the top of the Honda and secure it with tie-downs, and we brought it home to decorate. I'm using the old, sturdy tree stand we used when I was a little girl - my brother dug it out of my father's basement for me. Rowan, Devon and I always decorate the tree together and love looking at all the beautiful ornaments. I couldn't get our angel to fit on top - she kept falling off - so I'm in search of a new angel, something vintage and cool. I'm sure the right one will pop out at me. In the meantime, however, we are all pleased at how our tree turned out and it's really helping us get into the holiday mood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting a real tree alway sounds like a good idea. Until you have to take it out of the house that is. I will stick with the fake stuff. :)