Friday, July 27, 2007

A New Post! A New Post!

I can't believe it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post. It's been crazy here and there's been very little time for posting. Dana's father in law, Clarence, passed away. He was 93 and had been ill for quite some time. Still, it's a difficult time for their family. I'll never forget the sight of Clarence at Keith's birthday party this year. He had come for the afternoon from Hospice House, where he'd been a resident for the past year or so....and brought his harmonica. After singing happy birthday, Clarence began to play - and stunned everyone with how great he was. It was a magical moment that I'm certain the family will never forget.
Tonight, I'm headed to Marshfield with my brother to see Styx in concert along with Head East during Hub City Days. Big Cheese is sponsoring the show and I've been asked to introduce the band. Going backstage is always fun, and my brother will get a big kick out of meeting the musicians, as he has been a fan of both bands for many years. David is coming along to toss t-shirts to the crowd for me - a great excuse to bring him along! I myself have previously met and interviewed James "JY" Young but am looking forward to meeting Tommy Shaw, who I have a great respect for and always have. Shaw's latest release in March was a project with Jack Blades of Night Ranger fame called "Influence" - a compilation of covers of songs that influenced them both in the 60's and 70's. The covers of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" and Seals and Crofts' "Summer Breeze" are particularly good, and the CD is definitely worth picking up.
I'm hoping to get good photos at the show backstage and will be sure to post them tonight. Looking forward to it!

No comments: