Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Hodag!











....or so goes the saying everywhere in Rhinelander, WI during the weekend of the Hodag Country Music Festival. It is one of the largest of it's kind, and we go every year. I am not a country music fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Dana loves it and my good friend Duff Damos (pictured with me here) is kind enough to score us free passes every year. We make a weekend of it - stay at my mom's lake cottage, kayak, float on tubes all day, then go to town for dinner, head to the fest, and hit my favorite area bars afterward. It's usually really fun. This year.....well, Dana had fun. And that's good. But holy COW can that girl pack away the Jack Daniels. So it was a little like babysitting all night. And frankly the locals weren't as friendly as usual, which is a long story. But I've got photos posted here, including some of the crazies at the fest (always fun to watch!) and if you'd like to see what the festival is all about, visit www.hodag.com for the scoop. Danielle Peck, Trace Adkins, and a young upstart named Blaine Larsen played last night, and I really enjoyed Blaine, who is pictured in the photo here.

No comments: