Saturday, July 07, 2007







CHALKFEST 2007 has been a huge success once again, with artists coming from all over the state to compete. I know my stuff won't win (you should see these amazing things the artists do!) but I love participating just the same. This year I chose a jazz motif and created a three piece jazz ensemble in sort of a watercolor-ish finish. I was pleased to have quite a few people stop to take photos of it as the work progressed. Devon chose to do a cartoon character from Invader Zim that he likes, and his turned out wonderfully. The festival runs through tomorrow, but Devon leaves for scout camp in the morning, so we had to be sure he finished his today. I am just about finished as well, and may just leave it as is, depending. The weather was brutal today with a high of 95, and let me tell you, my hands are burned from the concrete. We took two pool breaks but even so were pretty wiped out afterward. We're home now to rest up and at 8 plan to head to the Wausau Downtown Airport for the balloon glow and fireworks as part of this year's balloon rally. I'll try to get some good shots to post later.

No comments: