Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday

Today was my day off, and thanks to a bit of beautiful weather I really enjoyed myself. Getting up early, I bummed around downtown on my scooter, hitting my favorite coffee shop, Allister Deacon's - then getting some new reads from the library. Afterward, I stopped at our Wednesday farmer's market which was brimming with fresh, locally grown produce, and picked up the few items I needed to make dinner tonight - some fresh tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, and strawberries picked this morning. I love the farmer's market - for ten bucks I had a full basket including a bunch of flowers for my table. Then, much of the day was spent reading in my pool lounger. The kids were up north so it was unusually quiet today.
The day was marred only by the deterioration of Simon, my cat - who has again taken a turn for the worse. Now he's not using the litterbox - and it's awful. I had his records faxed to a different vet for a second opinion and will take him there on Friday. I just cannot accept that my formerly robust two year old cat has something we can't fix. I love my animals - so this is just devastating for me and for the kids. I don't understand how, if it's leukemia, the antibiotics would have initially helped - that doesn't make sense. But we'll see on Friday.

No comments: