Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Concerts on the Square





The Summer Series has officially started, with the first of 8 Concerts on the Square tonight. Now in it's 15th year (is that possible!?) the season has begun with my good friend John Greiner's band, Swing Shift. His wife Dana, also a good friend (not the one I went to Mexico with - different Dana!) sings with the group, performing big band style hits from the WW2 era. I love these Wednesday night shows. We pack a picnic, grab a bottle of wine, and head to the same spot we've been hitting for years. Every year the series grows. I took a panaoramic photo with my digital camera - though it's not the best lighting (we were in the shade by then) you can get an idea of how many people were there to enjoy the show. Debbie brought her "world famous" fruit kabobs, and I made paninis for everyone before we left home.
Next week there's no show with the 4th of July, but the week after John Greiner is back along with another good friend, John Altenburgh with their award winning group, Johnny and the Mo-Tones. Their current CD is number 4 on the national blues chart, and it should be a roaring good show.

No comments: