Thursday, June 28, 2007

Flight Camp





The kids participated in Top Gun Flight Camp last week, and as part of the package, they are allowed to go on a one hour flight in a small aircraft. They are up in the air at this very moment, and of course I'm a nervous wreck. When I say they're flying, I don't mean they're sitting back enjoying the view - I mean, they're FLYING. Taking the controls. They practiced in simulators all last week, and of course the pilot is able to take control if necessary - so it should be fine. My good friend Angela and her husband John run the municipal airport and not only is John the pilot, their daughter (and Devon's good friend) Isabelle is along for the flight. They're going to Merrill and then to Antigo. Devon took the first leg and Rowan will fly the last, and I plan to take the video camera along to record their landing in about 25 minutes or so. Here are some photos from the takeoff!

No comments: