Monday, June 18, 2007

Rainy Days and the Blues

The storms finally arrived late this afternoon. I love to listen to the thunder, hear the rain on the roof, see the flashes of light. The winds have died down now, so I've opened my office windows to let the cool air in, and it feels great. It's the type of night that makes you want to light all the candles in the house, dim the lights, put on your favorite pajamas (hideous but comfortable), and pour yourself a drink (make it a double). So that's what I've done. Not, mind you, that this day has been exactly - well - perfect. The cleaning lady quit (nervous breakdown! go figure!), the phone didn't stop ringing all day, I tripped over the dog and smashed my now broken toe into a chair leg (idiot!), and got into an argument with my mother. But the last of the Stolichnya mixed well with the last of my garlic olives (bad breath for sure) and I'm feeling nice and mellow. Throw on some Thelonious Monk and I'll be groovy.

No comments: