Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Green is Beautiful


Every spring a morning would arrive after months of bleak, dreary weather when my father would come to my house in the morning and say - "everything's green today". It usually happens after a night of gentle rain - you go to bed one evening and wake up to a world of green grass, leaves on the trees and the scent of lilacs in the air. Today would have been the day that my father proclaimed the world outside green at last. It has been a beautiful day.
Devon is feverishly getting ready for his role as a Hessian prince in Wausau Dance Theatre's production of Sleeping Beauty this weekend. Rehearsals every day, two school performances on Friday, and the big shows at the grand for paying customers on Saturday. This is by far my favorite of the Storybook Productions series, with exquisite costuming - I can't wait to see the newly revamped scenery. I was able to snap a photo during last night's initial dress rehearsal of Devon (on the left) with his friend, Jack Karkar Collison, my dear friend Annaluna's son.
Ten days to Mexico!!!!!

1 comment:

Skoals said...

Thanks for the tears...our FATHER was a beautiful soul and lives on! Do you think he is mowing all the lawns and shoveling all the walks in the great beyond? I bet he is sitting at a corn roast, sipping beer, listening to music and smiling!