Monday, December 11, 2006

Tsk, Tsk!

So much for my blogging every other day resolution. Life gets away from you.
My dad's illness continues to be the biggest source of concern in my life. It's difficult to watch him get thinner by the day, his hair coming out in clumps. The bloody noses that won't stop, the visible tremors. I'm so glad to live next door so he can be here with me. I make sure he eats three meals a day and drinks plenty of Ensure, take care of his bills and banking, pick up prescriptions and take him to his doctor appointments. My fear for him is growing. The doctor says the lymph nodes are going down, but he's so terribly anemic - even the transfusion on Thursday didn't give him any pep. His oncologist says it's a delicate balance - wanting to wipe out the cancer while preserving quality of life. Right now his spirits are low and he seems ready to give up -but I won't let him. No way.
All the stress finally landed me on my back Saturday - the worst migraine I've had in 20 years resulted in a three hour trip to the emergency room. Dreadful, but I'm better now.
The next post will be more positive - really, it will.

No comments: