Thursday, December 14, 2006

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It must be the day for frustration, I'll tell you. I know it's the busy Christmas shopping season, but for Pete's sake I'm tired of crummy customer service!
In an earlier posting, I bragged about Buy.com and their fabulous deal when you use Google checkout. It's still a great deal, but WOW, they stink in the customer service department. You tell me why something that is still listed on their storefront as "in stock - ships in one to two business days" is STILL SITTING IN THE WAREHOUSE AFTER A WEEK.
OH, and to try to get a response to inquiries is nearly impossible.
And let me say, the folks at Apple haven't won any points so far, either. Last night I got an email saying they "couldn't find" the bank wire for my new laptop. How does a business like this misplace over 900 bucks? The email said to call their customer service line - which I did - and after navigating through "press one for repairs, press two if you know the party's extension" blah blah blah for 10 minutes, I finally got a real live person who told me.....
"Sorry, that's not my department."
The good news is, they found my money.
The bad news is, they aren't shipping the &$%#@ thing until NEXT WEDNESDAY.
Meanwhile, my Thinkpad is putt-putting toward a slow death and now won't even recognize the PCMCIA slot that my photo card goes in.
Cripes!
So, no photos of the cello - yet.
Is it almost Christmas? Pass the Xanax.

No comments: