Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MACBOOK on the way!

Thanks to Ed's advice I have decided to go ahead with the purchase of a new MacBook from Apple. I chose the 2.0 GHz model with a built-in i-sight camera. Buying refurbished directly from Apple seems like a good way to save several hundred dollars and get the machine I want. Unfortunately, I went on a Christmas shopping extravaganza today (my day off!) and by the time they did final processing on the order I had gone over my daily spending limit on my debit card, so they can't process and send my new laptop until tomorrow morning. Dangit! I did, however, make a huge dent in the holiday shopping today and have only a few small gifts left to purchase.
My other news is that I believe I have secured a cello teacher for January, and Jerry's Music had a beautiful 3/4 size cello available that I brought home on a rent-to-own basis. The 3/4 size should be perfect for my smaller hands, and is a bit lighter to carry than the full size. It's gorgeous, and I can't wait to begin lessons! I'll post photos shortly.

No comments: