Thursday, December 07, 2006

Holiday Savings

If you're doing some holiday shopping, check out Buy.com for some great values, especially on tech gifts for Christmas. As a special bonus, if you use their new Google checkout feature, you'll save $20 on a $50 purchase. Many items are heavily discounted and some even qualify for free budget shipping. I've ordered many things from Buy.com, always with great satisfaction, and just ordered a great new cordless phone with big buttons for my dad and an ipod speaker dock to go with the Nano I purchased for Rowan for Christmas and paid less than $50 combined for both - one third of what I'd have paid at Best Buy. Worth checking out!
I'm also in the process of shopping for a new laptop and can't decide whether to stick with my beloved IBM Thinkpad line or make the switch that everyone tells me is the next step - to a Mac. Ideas, anyone? I don't want to spend a fortune and will likely buy refurbished or off-lease, but I want the most bang for my buck - and I don't want to be buying another one next Christmas, that's for sure.
What to do.....what to do???

No comments: