Sunday, September 07, 2008

40th Birthday Party


P9050003
Originally uploaded by shereenflynn

This weekend, a milestone - turned 40 on Saturday. My best friends were awesome. Had abbreviated book club followed by a night at the Fillmor where we made a ridiculous spectacle of ourselves. I seriously have not laughed that hard in so long. It was absolutely the best birthday. I had been dreading it - but now I feel fine. I spent Saturday with my family and had everyone here for a cookout. Darren and the kids went swimming (even though it was FREEZING) and played basketball for hours, the kids all hit the hot tub, and we all had a great, relaxing, lazy day and night. Just terrific.
The only (and significant) thing that ruined an otherwise perfect weekend off was that Simon, my incredible, smart, sassy cat - died Saturday afternoon. He'd gotten sick for the third and final time just Friday - it happened so fast. I'm absolutely devastated - he was without a doubt the best cat I have ever had. Not exactly a great birthday present - yet, in a way, it was easier on the kids to have it happen when there was so much positive stuff happening - they didn't have time to dwell on the sadness.

Click on the photo of me and Dana to visit my Flickr site and see all the photos from the weekend.  (Well, okay, not ALL the photos.......LOL.....)

No comments: