Monday, September 22, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?


Good grief, it's really been 11 days since I last posted? Sheesh. What a slacker. It's that time of year.
Though fall is beautiful, it's one of my least favorite seasons because the falling leaves combined with my birthday always make me sad. Another year has passed, another school year begins, the kids are another year older and closer to leaving. So, while I have much happiness in my life right now, I'm still a bit melancholy.
Snap out of it, I know.
After Simon died, I couldn't take Sasha's crying, so I have adopted a wonderful kitten from the Humane Society. We've named her Cleo (despite Darren's best efforts to have us name her Mrs. Butterworth...) and she immediately blended into our houseful of animals. Just a funny little purr box. I love her!
In the meantime, life has been good as we have all adjusted to the many changes in our lives these past few months. John is moving in with his girlfriend, who seems to make him very happy (and the kids like her, too). The kids have eased into a new school year. And I have found happiness as well, most unexpectedly. So we're all good.
This weekend, the last weekend of summer, we saw the most beautiful avacado shaped moon. What a sight. It even brought out the romantic in me (which, trust me, is saying something.) We all went downtown to Exhibitour, had a lazy Sunday, enjoyed Darren's ribs and corn.....and enjoyed the summerlike weather. I wish it would stay this way forever.

No comments: