Monday, June 23, 2008

Bah! Humbug!

After just a year and a half, my MacBook bit the dust on Saturday.  One minute it was on and working fine.....the next, it was dead.  Fried motherboard.  WTF???  SO incredibly mad.  Took it to HappyMac (where, by the way, they are awesome) but got the bad news today that my problem would cost more than a new MacBook to fix.  Crazy!  All my papers, files.....gone.  So......after negotiating a decent trade for parts and getting a DePaul University discount, I came home with a brand new MacBook.  The new one isn't quite as nice as the old one, I'm afraid, but I'm on a budget - feel guilty enough as it is having to buy this one - but I would have spent the same on a new PC.....and I am in love with the macs.....so here we are.  I have never been so happy to have a Blackberry, though, because thanks to the synchronization software I was able to transfer all my iCal entries back onto my new Mac - and all my contacts, too - whew!  That saved a LOT of headaches.  And I was able to transfer my ipod stuff back to iTunes.
Students are also able to get a free ipod shuffle after rebate - so I'm going to get one for John.  He has a super old one and would enjoy a new one, so I'll be doing that for him soon.  
Gotta run.....programs to download......stuff to record!

No comments: