Sunday, November 26, 2006

Resolutions, Revisited

With only one month remaining in 2006, I took a moment to look back and see what my resolutions were at the start of the year. There were three. Two I managed, one I did not. I did re-enter the music scene and am back with the symphony, and I did receive word that an article I've written will be published in a mainstream magazine in early 2007. I did not, however, make any headway on the novel, despite many starts and rewrites, so I think what I need to do to make that happen is start with the basics.
One of the best writing schools in the country based in New York City offers online courses, so I've signed up for their fiction writing course to give my novel a kickstart. Gotham Writers Workshop comes highly recommended, and they offer courses in many facets of writing, from novels to screenplays. Interested writers should visit www.writingclasses.com for a complete list. If you think you want to write, but you don't want to fork out $400 for the class, Univeral offers a novel writing class for $50 worth 1.0 CEU's that is quite good. When I first began writing I took it and made great headway. The website is www.universalclass.com which offers all kinds of crazy courses in everything from tarot reading to knitting - but don't be fooled, Suzanne's class is outstanding and a true bargain.

No comments: