Sunday, November 05, 2006

Catching Up

I've been awful about posting. Life has gotten away from me, it seems. It's my resolution of the week to post at least once every two days from this point forward.
I often laugh at people who hire cleaning people. In fact, I have used the word "pathetic" to describe people I know who pay good money to others to do what they could do themselves for free.
I am pathetic.
After a recent fruit fly sighting in my house, I have resigned myself to the fact that after working an 80 hour work week, volunteering on three boards, and raising two fabulous children, I simply can not keep my tiny house clean anymore, so I have hired someone to come in and do it for me.
Pathetic. But I can't wait.
On another note, my father's doctor is certainly taking his sweet time starting treatment. Dad had a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday and is getting results Tuesday, with treatment starting immediately after. Evidently, the biopsy will help the doctors come up with the right poison chemo cocktail to give him. Meanwhile, my father is getting weaker and sicker by the day....but I am doing my best to remain optimistic, especially for the boys. They have to think that life is normal.
All prayers appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, what happened to keepign up on your posting. ;)