Monday, October 16, 2006

Wine Woot!


A website I've always loved is www.woot.com which provides a new special deal every day beginning at Midnight. Some things are so great they sell out by 1AM - others are dogs and take all day.....but regardless, I find myself checking for the Woot of the day every day when I'm up late working.
Out of Beta is the new Wine Woot website, which you'll find at http://wine.woot.com
featuring one wine deal per week. This week's deal is Armida Winery's 2005 Poizin, which I had the good fortune to taste right AT Armida during the area's Passport Weekend. (Don't be fooled by the screw top - I'm told the screw top is the cork of the future, since it isn't prone to drying, cracking, or otherwise fouling up the taste of the wine, and of course you can re-seal the wine if you can't drink a bottle in one sitting.) At any rate, with their famous five dollar shipping, you can't beat the weekly wine woot - make sure you give it a whirl.

No comments: